FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
The following is an attempt to answer the most Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question not covered here please contact me Kevin Jones Tel: 01492 643255 e-mail: davidyourtourismcommunity.co.uk
- Q. What is Web4-u?
- A. Please see Terms & Conditions or download the User Guide from the documentation area.
- Q. What does it cost?
- A. Please see Terms & Conditions.
- Q. Why create a website using Web4-u?
- A. The answer is quite extensive but then so are benefits of a web4-u website.
For businesses who do not have a website, then it should be a no-brainer to be able to create a website using the information you have already added to web4-u and to host it with full e-mail capability for only £120.00 plus vat per annum. This has to be the cheapest or one of the cheapest means of having a website available.
For businesses that already have a website, then there are still many unique benefits. Many members will already have a website for their tourism business and are probably thinking that there is no point in creating another using web4-u. This is the wrong conclusion based on a misunderstanding of what a web4-u can do that your own website may not be able to do.
- Increasing your internet exposure - Web4-u was not designed with the purpose of merely creating websites in simple manner; though it does that. Its purpose is for tourism businesses to significantly increase their "internet exposure" and thereby increasing the chance for their businesses information to be seen by exchanging information with other web4-u members in an "I will show yours if you show mine" manner. It increases your chances immensely if you are able to reciprocate in the information exchange by having a web4-u website.
- Increase traffic to your primary website - You can add a web address to your web4-u website that links to your main website. This address goes with the rest of your information to be displayed on other member.s websites. This means that you can increase the level of visitors to your main website from all the other websites you appear on.
- Increase the search engine position of your primary website - Every time you exchange your information it increases the number of times a website has a link feeding back to your main website. All the major search engines put a high degree of importance to those websites that have a lot of links pointing to their websites and so give them a higher position in their search rankings.
- The value of two hooks - A fisherman knows the value of having several hooks on the line often with different types of bait. This is the same as having two or more websites that can be set up to seek good search engine position for different search terms giving you an increased chance that whatever the potential customer uses in the search you will be found.
- Content is king! - The majority of individual tourism websites consist of only a few pages and often do not appear high on the search engine rankings. Why? One of the main reasons is that they do not have enough content. The more information you can bring into your website the better. As long as the information is relevant i.e. rich with relevant search terms which is the case of the other tourism businesses you will exchange with. Web4-u makes it easy for you to bring in rich search term content to your website.
Remember this content is kept up to date for you by the business supplying it saving you a lot of work.
- Informing the potential customer - Make you website a local online tourist information centre in which your businesses takes centre stage. By importing other tourism information such as local events, activities, attractions etc, you can give the customer more reasons to choose you.
Finally our guarantee: If after 12 months you are not on at least 20 extra websites due entirely to www.web4-u.co.uk you will receive a full refund of you annual subscription. Assuming you have made a least one broadcast.
- Q. How do I get my Business Information on other user's websites?
- A. It is very easy. All you need to do is Broadcast your information to other users (go to the User Guide for instruction on Broadcasting). Web4-u will know which users have indicated that they are interested in your business by you business type and its county. These users will receive an e-mail which allows them to view your information and if they are happy they can then add your information by simply clicking a link on the e-mail. You will be notified they have done this in most cases because they may request that you return the favour and add their information to your website (this is not mandatory).
- Q. Can I choose which businesses to add?
- A. Of course. The whole point is for you to add Tourism information that is of benefit to your business. You select what businesses you wish to add to your website in the following two ways.
- Edit Your Details and Select Information Types. This allows you to choose what type of businesses can broadcast to you with requests to add them. So if you do not select the Accommodation then no accommodation broadcasts will be sent to you.
- When you receive an e-mail from a business that has broadcast you can decide to allow this business information onto your website by simply clicking the link or you can simply ignore the request.
- Q. Can someone do it for me?
- A. Yes - We can provide a full service through our local agent list.
However, Web4-u was designed with Tourism Operators in mind and with the goal to achieve the following 3 targets.
- Ensure that it is so easy for anyone who can type and use a mouse to input their business information, create a website and to share with other users.
- Make it inexpensive. No one should be deterred due to cost.
- Make sure that it takes very little time to set up and manage.
All content is copyright © 2007-2017 Web4-u